4. Useful documents
Summary of the situation in Algeria in 2006-2007
- Bakar Bouadjar, President of the Algerian Society of Dermatology, Dept. of Dermatology, C.H.U. Mustapha, Algiers, Algeria
- Ismail Benkaidali, President of the Algerian Society of Pediatric Dermatology, Dept. of Dermatology, CHU of Bab-El-Oued, Algiers, Algeria
2006-2007 epidemiological data
Xeroderma Pigmentosum: 370 cases, 90 families; Recessive Ichthyosis: 200 cases, 120 families; Mal de Meleda: 60 cases, 35 families; Hereditary Epidermolysis bullosa: 100 cases, 60 families; Familial Psoriasis: 80 cases, 70 families; Familial Vitiligo: 40 cases, 20 families; Tuberous Sclerosis of Bourneville: 28 cases, 10 families; Epidermodysplasia verruciformis: 24 cases, 20 families; Others: Kindler syndrome, Papillon-Lefèvre Syndrome, Chanarin Dorfamn Syndrome.
French-Algerian cooperation for training in the field of health and social cares
More than €200 000 from the Ministry of Health for drugs
- Training of an assistant from the department of dermatology of Bab El Oued Hospital in the unit of Pediatric Dermatology in Pellegrin Enfants-Malades Hospital in Bordeaux (France)
- Talk in Algeria of a social worker from MAGEC, Necker- Enfants Malades Paris (France), about social care in genodermatoses
- Training of an hospital attendant from the department of dermatology of Mustapha Hospital in MAGEC, Necker- Enfants-Malades, Paris (France) to learn special care of Epidermolysis Bullosa.
- About 2 milliards of dinars (about € 20 millions) have been given for prevalent orphan diseases among them genodermatoses (DA 19 565 000 = € 207 867).
Associations of patients
- This budget is given to the directors of the 2 main hospitals of Algiers to buy drugs. This budget will be renewable each year with a possibility to increase this amount if necessary.
A conference on orphan diseases
- The associations of patients with psoriasis created in 2006 under the scientific patronage of Prof. I. Benkaidali and B. Bouadjar expands.
- On the new Website of the Algerian Society of Pediatric Dermatology a rubric is dedicated to patients and families.
- An effort is done to build a Website where patients with rare diseases could be informed and express themselves.
- A conference on orphan diseases is in preparation in Health Ministry. It will get together all the stakeholders involved in this category of chronic diseases.
- The Ministry of Work and Social Affairs will be represented. The discussion will focus on which orphan diseases could be integrated in the category of chronic diseases.
Collaboration with Judith Fischer, Centre National de Génétique in Evry (France) in keratinisation disorders and mainly on ichthyosis (7 genes identified).
Creation date : 2006.06.29 @ 3:50 PM
Last update : 2010.07.05 @ 10:11 AM
Category : Algeria
Page read 3422 times
FONDATION RENE TOURAINE
1 avenue Claude Vellefaux - Pavillon Bazin - 75010 Paris - FRANCE
Tel : ++33 (0)1 53 72 20 80 - Tel : ++33 (0)6 32 28 63 08 - Fax : ++33 (0)1 53 72 20 61
Site powered by GuppY v4.5.19 - © 2004-2005 - CeCILL Free License Document generated in 0.01 second